That's not true actually. We were away for a few days there over the weekend and the wife sat and went through a 'Naming baby' book from front to back. Thankfully it wasn't one of these huge hardback efforts that you get that contain about 50,000 names and was just a piddly paperback with 5000.
To say we're no further on is probably a bit misleading. We now have a ripped piece of paper out of a notepad with about half a dozen boys names and the same amount if it's a girl. These do not in any way constitute a shortlist yet though as the other half has still to look on the net and the names we have written down are simply ones that we both curled the face up in a 'Mmmm' kinda way to.

One of the names that never made the 'short-longlist' was Alfie for a boy. I quite like it, it's got a cute kinda ring to it but I do think it's a bit of an old name and I have visions of the poor lad getting cockney 'My name is Michael Caine' voices made at him when he gets on a bit. Saying that, I suppose by the time he grows up Sir Michael Caine will be long forgotten and there's not exactly any Jude Law style patter flys about now is there? Disgrace that film was remade...anyway, off on a tangent there. Anyway, after all our Alfie deliberations I go into work today to find out one of my coleagues missus' has given birth this morning...little lad's name...ALFIE!
What's your thoughts folks? Any Alfie's out there reading my ramblings?
No comments:
Post a Comment